Drum Tumbling Rotators. Morse "Corner-Over-Corner" Drum Tumblers mix ingredients right inside a closed drum. Mixing closed drums Saves You Time, Labor and Money!
Mix the contents of a 30 to 55 gallon (114 to 210 liter) plastic, steel or fiber drum... One drum mixer to blend them all!
- Barrel agitators mix drum contents without even opening it
- Prevent messy cleanup of insertion mixers
- Reduce hazards and worker exposure
- Incorporate settled or stratified valuable ingredients
- Homogenize liquid, granulated or powdered products
- Eliminate sediment at the bottom of a drum
- Tumble many different drums, including a 55-gallon (210 liter) or 30-gallon (114 liter) steel, fiber or plastic drum / barrel
- Tumble drum with 18" to 23.5" (46 to 60 cm) diameter, and 29" to 37" (74 to 94 cm) tall
- Drum Holder secures drum, and is easily loaded with your hoist or crane with model 92 Below-Hook Drum Lifter, or with your forklift, model 284 Fork Hook, and model 92 Below-Hook Drum Lifter
- Fixed Speed models rotate at 14 RPM; Variable Speed (model 309-3) rotates from 2 to 20 RPM
- Control Package and Guard Enclosure each sold separately
- IMPORTANT: OSHA requires enclosure with safety interlock.
- 800 Lb. (363 kg) Full Drum
- 400 Lb. (181 kg) Half-Full Drum
Half-Full Capacity is an indication of the capacity for tilting an unbalanced, bottom-heavy drum. A partially full drum with an unbalanced and shifting load is harder to tilt than a full drum.
Fixed and Variable Speed models available. Fixed speed 60Hz models rotate drum at 14 RPM (12 RPM for 50Hz models). Model 309-3 with Morse Control Package rotates from 2 to 20 RPM. Motors are 1 HP.
Model 309-A is air-powered and rotates at 14 RPM. Vary drum rotation speed with air flow and pressure.
- Drum Tumbler
- Control Package (sold separately)
- Guard Enclosure Kit (sold separately)
Install all Morse Rotators in accordance with requirements for enclosure and safety interlock, etc. One way to accomplish this is with a Morse enclosure with safety interlock, so the rotator automatically turns off when enclosure door is opened. Power connections and motor controls must also comply with applicable local codes.
For OSHA compliance in the USA, see OSHA subpart O.1910.212(a)(4) "Barrels, containers, and drums. Revolving drums, barrels, and containers shall be guarded by an enclosure which is interlocked with the drive mechanism, so that the barrel, drum, or container cannot revolve unless the guard enclosure is in place."
NEMA 4/12 Control Box includes Timer, Start and Stop Buttons, Red Emergency Stop Button, Lockable Main Disconnect, and Wire terminals for safety interlock switch. NEMA 7/9 Explosion-Proof Control Box includes Start and Stop Buttons, Run / Jog Selector Switch, and wire terminals for external connection of safety interlock switch.
Only NON-Explosion Proof AC Control Packages include a pre-wired control box. Explosion-Proof Control Packages have no wiring from the NEMA 7/9 control box to the motor. Please consult an electrician to complete the wiring in accordance to your local code.
Explosion-Proof motors on models 309-E1 and 309-E1-50 are rated for Class I Group D, and other Explosion-Proof motors are rated for Class I Group D and Class II Groups F & G.
Air powered model 309-A requires plant air at 40 to 60 PSI and flowing at a rate of 40 SCFM. 309-A rotates a drum at 14 RPM and allows you to vary RPM with air flow and pressure. Sound level during operation is about 75 dB. Air Controls included with 309-A, including On / Off Air Valve, and Filter, Regulator, Lubricator (FRL).
What features do you need?
|Motor style||Phase||Voltage / Amp Draw||Explosion
|Drum RPM||Control Package||Guard Enclosure Kit||Model|
|60Hz||1||115v / 12.8
208v / 7.0
230v / 6.4
|60Hz||3||230v / 2.8
460v / 1.4
|60Hz||1||115v / 13.0
230v / 6.5
|50Hz||1||110v / 6.2
220v / 6.2
|60Hz||3||208v / 3.1
230v / 3.0
460v / 1.5
|50Hz||3||230v / 3.5
400v / 2.0
|60Hz||3||575v / 1.2||Y||14 RPM||
California Proposition 65 Information
For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov