Stationary Drum Rollers
Rotating drums to mix or blend material inside a closed drum saves time, labor and money. Rotate a drum to mix the contents, and ensure homogeneity with fewer hazards. Remix settled or stratified ingredients. Raise and redistribute solids that have settled during shipping and storage.
- Roll standard 55-gallon (210 liter) steel drum to mix contents
- 1-5154 Series Single Drum Rollers roll one drum
- 2-5154 Series Double Drum Rollers roll 1 or 2 drums at a time
- Drum rolls on 4 drive and 4 idler wheels
- Roll Drums with 6" to 28" (15 to 71 cm) diameter, up to 40" (102 cm) tall
- Models available with fixed or variable drum rotating speeds
- Variable speed drum rollers rotate at any speed from 1 to 30 RPM
- Fixed speed drum rollers rotate at 20 RPM
- Load with your hoist or crane with Model 41 Drum Lifting Hook or Model 42 Heavy-Duty Drum Lifter, or with a MORStak Drum Racker
- Maximum ambient operating temperature: 140o F (60o C)
- To roll a 55-gallon (210 liter) plastic drum, factory install Option # POLY-1-5154 on a single drum roller, or Option # POLY-2-5154 on a double drum roller
- To field install, use Kit # POLY-1-5154FI for a single drum roller, or Kit # POLY-2-5154FI for a double drum roller
- To roll 1-to-5 gallon can, install Option # 1-5-1 Idler Attachment for Single Drum Roller, or Option # 1-5-2 Pair of Idler Attachments for Double Drum Roller
- Capacity per Drum:
- 1000 Lb. (455 kg) with Liquid load in drum
- 300 Lb. (136 kg) with Dry load in drum
A shifting dry load exerts greater stress on the drum rotator than the fluid motion of a liquid load
- Drum Rotator
- Control Package (sold separately)
- Guard Enclosure Kit (sold separately)
OSHA requires a guard enclosure with safety interlock, so that the rotator will automatically stop running if the enclosure gate is opened.
- Option # 1-5-1 Idler Attachment for Single Drum Roller
- Option # 1-5-2 Pair of Idler Attachments for Double Drum Roller
Only NON-Explosion Proof AC Control Packages include a pre-wired control box. Explosion-Proof Control Packages have no wiring from the NEMA 7/9 control box to the motor. Please consult an electrician to complete the wiring in accordance to your local code.
Explosion-Proof motors are rated for Class I Group D, and Class II Groups F & G. Air powered model 1-5154-A requires plant air at 20 PSI and flowing at a rate of 22 SCFM. Air powered model 2-5154-A requires plant air at PSI and flowing at a rate of 40 SCFM.
IMPORTANT: OSHA holds the employer responsible for the suitability of design and application of tools and machinery.
Install all Morse Rotators in accordance with requirements for enclosure and safety interlock, etc. One way to accomplish this is with a Morse enclosure with safety interlock, so the rotator automatically turns off when enclosure door is opened. Power connections and motor controls must also comply with applicable local codes.
For OSHA compliance in the USA, see OSHA subpart O.1910.212(a)(4) "Barrels, containers, and drums. Revolving drums, barrels, and containers shall be guarded by an enclosure which is interlocked with the drive mechanism, so that the barrel, drum, or container cannot revolve unless the guard enclosure is in place."
What features do you need?
California Proposition 65 Information
For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov